Reviews so far look to be excellent. Wonder if they finally took a step forward.
Reviews so far look to be excellent. Wonder if they finally took a step forward.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
how can they get any better?
I'm sick of playing ncaa baseball...bring on madden.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I've heard the new animation system is supposed to be awesome, and gang tackles will also be pretty cool. I will still miss create-a-team greatly, though. They really need to put that mode/feature in!
EDIT - WOAH holy cow Create-a-Team IS in the game! I had no idea they put it in there.. I thought they'd left it out for a 3rd time. I may be checking this one out after all!
Officially retired
Well I got the Wii version
Debated the PS2 version but I figured I'll try the Wii
C'mon RS, whats the respective system reviews. Strengths/weaknesses
I kind of wonder if this won't be the game that makes me wish I had a PS3
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I was thinking the same thing Rocket. I hated to do it, but for the next few years unless I go buy a 360, I'm stuck with my ps2. PS3 is still over $500 bucks a pop right? I'm waitin on the 360 to get around $200 bucks, hopefully by Christmas or right after Christmas, but I doubt it.
that 360 is looking really really tempting with Halo 3 coming out. I never really played it until this summer, and I'll have to admit it is addictive.
Guitar hero is pretty fun too.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I got the guitar heroes on Ps2....360 is tempting, never really played halo myself, but if I go, I'll probably go for the blueray player
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
The PS3 is $499 right now but look for it to go up in price. rumor is that the 60GB PS3's are going to be deleted and they will have the "NEW" 80GB and of course the price will jump back up.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got the Wii version
Debated the PS2 version but I figured I'll try the Wii
C'mon RS, whats the respective system reviews. Strengths/weaknesses
I kind of wonder if this won't be the game that makes me wish I had a PS3 </div></div>
So far the 360/PS3 versions have been reviewed on numerous websites and the game has been doing very well. Everyone is saying that this is the first truly great next-gen football game. The fact that Create-a-Team is finally here is enough to get me to try it anyways.
As for the reviews.. I haven't really taken the time to read any Wii reviews yet so I can't comment a whole lot on that, but I do know that the 360/PS3 versions are virtually identical except for the fact that the 360 version runs smoother overall (a better frame rate).
Just taking a glance at Metacritic, however, the Wii version has two reviews: One giving it 8 and the other giving it 8.5.
Here are the "Closing Comments" from the IGN review:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite all its additions and Wii-specific content, Madden 08 is still a tough one to rate overall. The game makes great use of motion with better-implemented and easier to pull off moves than 07, it has more modes, far more multiplayer both locally and now online, and is generally superior in nearly every regard. On the flipside, Wii's second Madden still suffers from a ton of last-generation bugs, with everything from moronic AI and cheap pass defense to disappearing pass icons and odd camera glitches that cloak the entire playfield in blur effects. Madden 08 isn't nearly as polished as it should be, but it offers a ton of great gameplay despite its flaws, and that's where you'll need to balance just how much you need a new Madden, or how forgiving you are in the gameplay department. The running game is still dominant over defense and passing strategies, the Wii-mote and nunchuk make on-ground players simply deadly with the amount of moves available, and the newly-added Player Weapons, Big Hit 2.0, context-sensitive Power Moves, and Superstar mode are huge leaps for the series, while simple programming errors bring the experience down from where it could potentially be on Wii. Granted there's a ton in Madden 08, but it can still be a grab-bag of both good and bad.
It comes down to this; Madden 08 offers more, but sacrifices polish along the way. Overall it's a better package than 07, as it has more to do, far more depth, vastly superior multiplayer both online and locally, and a new way to play in family mode. For core football fans, however, you'll find a stronger game of pure football in Madden 08 for 360, as it's one of the best Maddens in years. The Wii version is still a great game, it just suffers from a few key "last generation"? downsides, and that's something that simply can't be tolerated. It's still worth your cash, still a damn solid game of football, but there's definite room for growth in 09. </div></div>
So basically the Wii version of Madden 08 is a better football game than Madden 07 but still needs some work. Overall, the 360/PS3 versions are the best ones to get if you have one of those systems - especially because of how much they've improved those versions for this year - but I don't think you can really go wrong because the Wii version's motion-activated moves still make for a very unique experience that can't even be found on those two consoles.
I think it's great that they finally have online play, too. The Wii has really been slacking in that area.
Officially retired
the 360 is now $279
Bookmarks